Thread takes waste from the poorest places in the world and transforms it into jobs and useful products that people love. Since 2012, Thread has moved more than 38.9 Million plastic bottles from Haiti and Honduras, supporting more than 3,800 income opportunities. We turn some of these bottles into fabric (it’s pretty cool!) and are excited to bring the final step of cutting and sewing Thread fabric into Thread products in Homewood, a neighborhood in Pittsburgh, PA.
Part Time: 20 Hours / week with flexible schedule.
The Role: Our team is looking for an ambitious and multi-talented intern who can help Thread create and launch a cohesive customer experience. That means amazing customer support, emails worth opening, and an engaged online community.
- Build a strategy for stellar customer experience across our website, email, and social channels.
- Research industry best practices and latest trends in community building and customer care experience.
- Engage with Thread community from social media and emails, to Kickstarter. Yeah, there’s a Kickstarter.
- Support Creative Hooligans in brand brainstorming and content creation.
- Expertise across common social media platforms.
- Detail-oriented with strong written communication skills.
- Experience writing and editing for online publication.
- Fluency across Google Docs and Microsoft Office.
- Interest in brand building and marketing strategy.
- Exceeding time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to accept direction and open to feedback.
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members.
- Comfortable with a changing startup environment.
Start Date: June 1, 2018 (or earlier)
Reports to: Madeline Farina, Community Manager