Creative Hooligan (Graphic Design)
Thread is on a mission to end poverty by creating dignified jobs and responsible, high-quality products with global brands. A Certified B Corporation, Thread transforms plastic bottles from the streets and canals of Haiti and Honduras into the most responsible fabrics on the planet. Every product made with Thread tackles poverty and cleans up the planet. If you want to work hard with a passionate team at a company with a purpose beyond just profit, read on.
- Own graphic design projects - online, in print, and everywhere else. Make them cool, consistent, and engaging every time.
- Develop a palpable Thread ‘style’ we can hone over time. Be a champion for our brand guidelines everywhere our logo appears, tshirts, business cards, slides, videos...everywhere.
- Join ‘braintrust’ meetings to contribute creative ideas for the team to work on together
- Deliver projects on-time for Thread teams from our Brands and Shop to Social and PR.
- Provide feedback to designers working with Thread to make our artwork outstanding but within our look and feel.
- Maintain workflow for design projects and organize asset library.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite especially: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, with a hunger to continuously improve your skills.
- Impeccable time management skills. Seriously - you need the ability to juggle multiple design projects and priorities on day one.
- Experience working in a creative agency or multi-disciplinary environment.
- Interest in Photography, Video, Sewing, Fashion Design, Industrial Design, or other creative discipline.
- Send a cover letter explaining how you would rock the job at Thread.
- Share a link to your portfolio in your cover letter or résumé
- Provide any social @handles where you like to show off your talent
- Design a new, branded ThreadShop shipping box. It needs to be 12”x12”x14”, be bold, Thread branded, and you can steal any copy you want from our website if you want to incorporate it into the design. Leave space for a shipping label. This brief is deliberately vague and designed to give you freedom to impress, show us your style. For photos, fonts, and logos, visit the following: